Am I Being Abused?
It is not always obvious if you are being abused. There are more types of abuse than just physical. You may not know, but threatening words or insults are abuse and you do not deserve to be treated that way. Use the following questions to see if you may be in abusive relationship.
Does your partner do any of the following:
- Call you names?
- Put you down?
- Threaten to harm you, your family, neighbors, or pets?
- Deny you money for basic needs?
- Call you repetitively at work or show up just to make sure you are where you said you’d be unannounced?
- Control all of the finances?
- Force you to commit sexual acts you are uncomfortable with?
- Treat you like a sex object?
- Refuse to use a condom or tamper with your birth control?
- Hit, kick, slap, punch, or push you?
- Threaten you with weapons?
- Strangle or restrain you?
If you answered yes to any of these questions, you may be in a violent relationship. We can help! Please call Harmony House at 706-885-1525 today. Our crisis line is always open - 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year. We will take your call at any time of night or day.